Paying Your Child from Your Sole Proprietorship

Consider paying your child justifiable compensation for work helping you in your business activities, such as filing and answering the phone, computer assistance, sufficient to utilize your child's standard deduction and/or lower tax bracket. Note: Payroll taxes will NOT be due on this compensation if the child is under age 18. Please contact us to assist you in implementing this idea.