Paying Your Child from an LLC or Partnership

IF you are a partner in a Partnership or LLC, consider paying your child justifiable compensation for performing services for your Partnership in its business activities, such as filing, answering the phone, and computer assistance, sufficient to utilize your child's standard deduction and/or their lower  tax bracket. It is still necessary to pay your child through the normal payroll process and a W-2 should be issued at year-end.