Paying Your Child from an S Corporation to Save Tax

If you are an owner in an S corporation, consider paying your child justifiable compensation for work helping your S corporation in its business activities, such as filing and answering the phone, computer assistance, sufficient to utilize your child's standard deduction and/or their lower tax bracket. Note: Payroll taxes will be due on this compensation. Please contact us to assist you in implementing this tax-saving idea.