Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Gordon, Keeter & Co. is looking for a CPA with 5+ years of experience to join our team. A CPA with experience in one or more of the following areas will be considered: individual income tax, business tax (1065, 1120, 1120-S), estate and/or trust returns.
Our firm offers the potential for future ownership and a flexible working environment. We are a well-respected CPA firm in Concord, NC and pride ourselves on providing our clients with quality services. We have a diversified practice with clients of varying sizes in manufacturing, construction, not for profits, medical, real estate, wholesale and retail trades and other industries.
We encourage and support community involvement through civic and nonprofit organizations, many of our staff members are actively involved in and are members of local organizations. We are located 30 minutes from uptown Charlotte, yet enjoy the benefits of Concord’s small-town atmosphere, which is thriving due to economic growth.
We offer many benefits to our employees including a retirement plan, disability insurance, a generous PTO policy, and flexibility of work schedule. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- CPA with 5+ years recent experience in a public accounting environment.
- Ability to:
- Supervise others on engagements.
- Handle multiple engagements at one time.
- Interact directly with clients.
- Bring in new business.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Computer proficiency, experience with Accounting CS and UltraTax a plus.
- Technical proficiency and in depth understanding in one or more of the following areas:
- Preparing and reviewing business tax returns.
- Preparing and reviewing individual tax returns.
- Preparing and reviewing estate and trust tax returns.
- Experience should show a track record of increasing responsibilities on engagements.
- CPA with 5+ year’s recent experience in a public accounting environment.
- Personality traits required:
- Must be personable and able to effectively communicate with clients and staff.
- Written communication skills required for email correspondence.
- Verbal communication skills required for telephone and in person communications.
- Position can be full-time year round or full time tax season and part-time year round based on candidate desire.
- No overnight travel, minimal day travel.
- Desire for increasing responsibilities and potential future ownership.
- Willing to undertake practice development and networking opportunities.
If you are interested, please e-mail Ladoska Keeter at email@example.com.